Discharge Instructions after Arthroscopic Shoulder Repair
The discharge instructions after Arthroscopic Shoulder Repair:
- A sling has been provided for you. Remain in your sling at all times. This includes sleeping in your sling.
- Remove your arm from the sling to perform elbow and wrist range of motion exercises 4-5x a day
- Use ice on the shoulder intermittently over the first 48 hours after surgery.
- Pain medicine has been prescribed for you.
- Use your medicine liberally over the first 48 hours, and then you can begin to taper your use. You may take Extra Strength Tylenol or Tylenol only in place of the pain pills. DO NOT take ANY nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications: Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naproxen or Naprosyn.
- You may remove your dressing after two days and leave open to air.
- You may shower 4 days after surgery. The incision(s) CANNOT get wet prior to 4 days. Simply allow the water to wash over the site and then pat dry. Do not rub the incision(s). Make sure your axilla (armpit) is completely dry after showering.
- Take one aspirin (81 mg) a day for 2 weeks after surgery, unless you have an aspirin sensitivity/ allergy or asthma or are on blood thinners.
Please call 216-844-0209 for any problems.
Including the following:
- excessive redness of the Incisions
- drainage for more than 4 days
- fever of more than 101.5 F
Please call 216-844-0209 to make a follow-up appointment if one has not already been made. You should see the doctor 10-14 days after your surgery.
UH Ahuja Office
3999 Richmond Road
UH Mayfield Village Health Center
730 SOM Center Rd
Mayfield Village, OH 44143
UH Westlake Office
960 Clague Road
UH Cleveland Medical Center
11100 Euclid Avenue
UH Suburban Health Center
1611 South Green Road
South Euclid, OH